Loading Map

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hog Cay, Long Island

In hopes that the forecast holds true, we left Salt Pond yesterday to position at Hog Cay for a sailing/fishing day today. Yesterday's journey was plagued with rain showers, but still we hope for a sunny day today. Hog Cay is a little more lively than when we visited here with Paul and Shari, hence the 5 am rise time. I think we still managed to squeeze in some sleep.
There is a 176 foot yacht, Chantal Ma Vie, anchored outside of Hog Cay - clearly they cannot get in here. I am most certain it is the same large yacht that anchored next to us last year at Conception Island. No jet skis, though, just a tender, a center console fishing boat and two kayaks.
Yesterday we tanked up on water. Lord willing, today we will tank up on fish. We are not sure where we will end up. If the fishing takes us toward Georgetown, that is where we will drop anchor.
We will let you know when it happens, in the meantime, we will be fishing the waters between the northwest side of Long Island and Georgetown.
Love to all,

Posted via Ham Radio.

No comments: