Loading Map

Friday, December 5, 2014

Jensen Beach


That was not the first time we had a short stay in Vero Beach.  There MIGHT be a small weather window that we can squeeze Hold Fast through to get across the Gulf Stream.  I made one more trip to the grocery store, Myron filled our dinghy gas tank with fuel and we said a few goodbyes, slipping the mooring around 11:30. 

Right now, though, the winds are up and the swell is almost five feet not too far offshore.  We are both skeptical as to the weather cooperating with the forecast and letting us proceed.  It seemed prudent, or at least optimistic, to get positioned anyway.  We will check the weather again in the morning.  Skeptical or not, we have hopes for a crossing Saturday, Saturday night, or Sunday.

In the meantime, we plan to finish securing the boat and do our best to get some rest.  Tonight’s dinner will contribute to a good night’s sleep.  The menu was porterhouse steak, sautéed mushrooms, steamed fresh brussel sprouts and french bread.  On the assumption we would go, we grabbed the opportunity to have our last steak meal until we return to the states.

Love to all,
Dena

Posted via Mifi.
{GMST}27|14.905|N|080|13.282|W|Anchored|{GEND}

No comments: